Updated: April 2023
What Information We Collect: Harvard Club may ask for and collect from you personally identifiable information at various points throughout the Sites. Depending on what products or services you choose to receive from Harvard Club, you may be asked to provide your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, Harvard school and graduation year, credit card information, and other information. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of some of our features or service offerings. Periodically, we may ask you to confirm the accuracy of your information to avoid disruption of services and enhance our offerings to you.
Payment card information may be collected on our Sites and processed by secure third-party providers typically in connection with products and/or services that you purchase from the Harvard Club. Payment information is not stored on our Sites post authorization, but is stored by the secure third-party processor.
In addition, as an affiliate of the Harvard Alumni Association (“HAA”), Harvard Club collects information such as name, email address, home address, work address, phone number, school and graduation year that is shared with it by HAA. Harvard Club typically does not receive highly sensitive personally identifiable information such as date of birth or social security number from HAA. Alumni may choose to opt out from the sharing of their directory information by HAA. Please refer to HAA’s Privacy Statement at https://alumni.harvard.edu/privacy for additional details.
How We Use and Disclose Personally Identifiable Information: All personally identifiable information provided by Harvard alumni is strictly reserved for use by individual alumni, Harvard Club, and HAA for personal, Harvard Club, and University-related purposes only.
Harvard Club may use or disclose your personally identifiable information in the following ways:
- To process and respond to inquiries and for the purposes for which you provided the information, such as to process membership applications, donations or event registrations, or to provide information about a project or event. In sending us an electronic message or text message, you send us certain personally identifiable information (e.g., name and e-mail address, IP address, or mobile phone number). We may store this information of the sender in order to respond to or otherwise handle the subject of the e-mail or text message.
- To alert you to new events, features, special projects or opportunities, and services, including provision of our Harvard Club newsletter.
- To communicate internally and externally via videos, photos or other personally identifiable information posted on Harvard Club Sites (including social media sites), and recordings of virtual events in which you may have participated maintained in the Members-Only section of our Sites.
- To provide feedback to Harvard Club and HAA leadership and to conduct surveys to measure your satisfaction with our services.
- To protect Harvard Club’s rights or property or the safety of Harvard Club, our members, or others.
- To comply with any court order, legal process, or respond to any governmental or regulatory request.
- To transfer information in the event of a merger, transfer of assets or other organizational restructuring.
- To evaluate our Sites and identify where we should make changes or expand services.
Harvard Club may use third-party service providers or other third-party organizations helping to support Harvard Club’s mission in order for us to provide products or services to you. Personally identifiable information may be disclosed by Harvard Club to such authorized third parties only for the provisioning of products or services to you, or to the Harvard Club, and these authorized third parties may collect, use, disclose, store, or otherwise process your personally identifiable information, including payment information, on our behalf in connection with the provision of such products or services. Any third parties who receive your personally identifiable information for these purposes are prohibited from accessing, using, disclosing, selling, sharing or otherwise processing your personally identifiable information for any purpose other than providing products or services to you or to the Harvard Club.
Harvard Club is not responsible for HAA’s use of your information. For information on how HAA may use your personally identifiable information, please see HAA’s Privacy Statement at https://alumni.harvard.edu/privacy.
Email and Text-Messaging Policy: Harvard Club may send you email communications to provide our Newsletter and to otherwise inform you of news, events, and other information relevant to you and the Harvard alumni community. You may opt out of these emails by clicking the Unsubscribe link in the footer of emails sent by Harvard Club. If you are missing the link or require assistance in opting out of emails, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-337-1300. If you send us email messages, you should be aware that information disclosed in email may not be secure or encrypted and thus may be available to others. We suggest that you exercise caution when deciding to disclose any personally identifiable or confidential information in email. We will use your email address to respond directly to your questions or comments.
Security: Harvard Club is committed to maintaining your confidence and trust, and takes steps to help protect the personally identifiable information you provide to us. However, no transmission or electronic storage of information is guaranteed to be secure. We therefore urge you to always use caution when transmitting information over the Internet.