We’ve managed to secure tickets to Glenstone, the museum that integrates art, architecture, and nature in Potomac, MD! Visits to Glenstone generally consist of a visit through the current exhibitions at the Gallery and the Pavilions and a walk through the landscape. Visits are self-guided and are conducted with dialogue and inquiry rather than lecture. Visitors should be prepared to spend considerable time on foot, and comfortable walking shoes are recommended. Some visitors may find the walk strenuous, especially the trails, so we ask you to prepare accordingly.
This event has historically been very popular, and had a significant wait list, so we ask that members be very sure they will be attending before signing up, to ensure that we are able to use all our entry passes.
How to get there: From downtown D.C., travel by car takes 30–45 minutes without traffic. There is parking onsite. Route 301 on the Ride On bus stops at Glenstone Museum. Click here for route information and timetables.
- Due to the fragile nature of the works on view, all visitors must be 12 years of age or older, and all visitors ages 12-17 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Please do not touch the art. Even outdoor sculptures that are exposed to the elements can be damaged by human contact.
- Pets are not permitted at Glenstone. Service animals as defined by the ADA are welcome.
- Glenstone is an all-weather site. If the heat index value exceeds 109 degrees or if the wind chill temperature falls below 0 degrees, some trails will be closed for safety. If there are thunderstorms reported in the area, we will close the grounds until the storm has passed.
- Photography is not permitted inside the exhibition spaces. You are welcome to take photos outside, but please do not use auxiliary lighting equipment, tripods, selfie sticks, or drones. Commercial photography is not permitted, and all photos must be for personal use only.
- Trails close at 5 p.m. or sunset, whichever occurs first.
- Glenstone is a smoke-free environment. The use of tobacco products and e-cigarettes/vaping are not permitted.
- Outside food and drink is not permitted. There is a cafe and a patio restaurant in the Arrivals Hall.